Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:30:12 AM

Home Help Search Login Register
+  Sword Art Craft
|-+  Other Stuff
| |-+  Sword Art Online
| | |-+  What is Sword Art Online?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is Sword Art Online?  (Read 2797 times)
Balmung
Administrator

Minecraft: Blizado

View Profile My MC Char: Blizado
« on: March 28, 2013, 02:02:22 AM »

I want give here a short explain what Sword Art Online is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Jl_-b7ju0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Jl_-b7ju0</a>

First, Sword Art Online (short SAO) is no real Game, it is a fictional Virtual Reality Massivley Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (short VR MMO RPG) and the Story of a Japanese Anime based on a 10 Year old Japanese lite Novell. The Anime ran last Summer (2012) in Japan and have now many Fans all over the World.

Virtual Reality means here, that Players dive full into the Game World with a Headset that is connected to the human nervous system and so you move in the Game World like in the real World.

That as a site note, because i want to tell here more over the Game World itself as over the Anime, so less spoiler here than on the Wikia site.

The World of SAO is a Air Castle named Aincrad with 100 Floors stacked straight upwards. The Players start in the first Floor (which have a diameter of 10km - higher is getting smaller) on the bottom of the Castle and on every Floor there is a hidden Boss Room with a very hard Boss Monster. This Monster must be killed to unlocked the next Floor above and with every Floor the Boss gets harder and harder to get him down. That is the Main Concept of this online Game.

One special Thing of SAO is the Combat Classes... there are non, because in SAO it gives only Sword Combat, no Magic Classes or other Weapon Classes, no range Weapons... only bladed Weapons from a little Dagger to a big Twohanded Sword combined with Sword Skills and of course... Shields. What type of bladed Warrior you are is only dependent from your Weapon you choose. Thats why its titled "Sword Art".

SAO have an oldschool Level System, means you collect a sum of EXP and get a Level Up and for the next Level you need more EXP than for the last. To get EXP you can kill Mobs and make Quests, for Quests you get for example Crafting Items for Food.

As a good MMORPG the Fights are not the only Thing that you can do there. There is also a big Crafting System (many Swords and Armor/Clothes), Cooking, Fishing, Trading and other Stuff like write Books/Guides by yourself for you or other. You can also rent a Hotel room for the Night, you can rent a Apartment and decorate it or you can buy a complete little House (don't know if building itself is possible).

Every Floor have an Entrance Place, that can be a small simple Place, a Village or a Town. On any of this Place is a Floor Teleporter, from which you can teleport to another unlocked Floor. Beside that there are Teleport Crystals that teleport you to Villages/Towns on the Floor, that means the most way you must walk, because there are no Mounts in the Game.

Every Floor have its own Biome, special Mats for Crafting and of course own Field Bosses. On the Base Floor (Level 1) are some Villages outside from the starting Town. But there are Floors without a own Village or Town.

When you die in the Game, you spawn in the last Village/Town you have visited. Because the Anime is here a bit special there is no much Info about that Part of the Game, but as far as I know there is no full loot or something, so you don't loose any item. But it seams that there are Death Penalties, but how they look, don't know... a Debuff or something simple.

I hope i didn't miss something important, but when I edit this Post.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:38:04 PM by Balmung » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Sword Art Craft, What is Sword Art Online? - Theme by Mustang Forums